Saturday, January 5, 2008

Jland angels past and present

I started this journal after I heard that Kim had passed away and recieved her wings. I had the chance to get to know Kim the Christmas of 06. She emailed me and asked if I was the one who had the two teenagers girls that was on The Giving Tree. How she knew this, I did not know. In the email she asked for my phone number, so I gave her my cell number thinking she's not going to call. Boy was I surprised when the phone rang a few minutes later. We talked about my girls their health problems, my son Kyle who passed away in October of 05.She told me about her girls and her son Jimmy. I told her my oldest son name is James. She also talked about how she liked taking pictures and told me about her photo journal. We talked for hours. A week later I recieved a christmas card from her and she had sent my girls some money to go out and buy themselves what they wanted.

 

I was really surprised by the giving and caring lady she was.

Who was I? Just someone who read her journal!

 

I found out I had Breast cancer two weeks before Kim found out she had it.I found strength, encouragement, support, humor in her journal. Some one who was going through what she was fighting the battle of her life. Had the courage to come to her journal and put down in words what she was going through.

Her last entry where she said a piece of bread confused her had me worried. She stopped emailing me. I continued to send her cards some she got some not.

I know Kim was an Angel for my girls on Christmas of 06. Christmas of 07 Kim became an Angel.

My friend you will be greatly missed.

This journal is not only for the Angels of 07 it is for all of JLand Angels. Past and present.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory you shared...just shows God takes the best to be by his side..Bless you and yours....

Anonymous said...

awesome entry thanks for sharing
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Kim was a wonderful person.  I, too, had the pleasure of talking to her on the phone....for about 3 hours!  LOL!  But, you know?  She was just that down-to-earth.  You felt like you've known her forever.

I'm so happy to hear your story of how Kim touched your life.  We need more people like her on earth.

Best wishes to you and your family,
Sheila
http://journals.aol.com/wipforever/NeedlesandHooks

Anonymous said...

Kim reached out and touched so many people it's amazing, she was a lady filled with grace. I am so happy that you told us about your friendship with Kim it really confirms what a wonderful person she was. Be well...Sandi

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful memory you have of our angel friend!

Joann

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely memory, Sunny. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

a wonderful tribute to a wonderful lady.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story about our Pink Warrior! I'm sure Kim is smiling down on you and your girls now!

Anonymous said...

This is the most generous idea I've seen in too long.  What a story you share here, and how much of an angel was Kim while here - she only died to this world, as did our other JL angels - they live on in our hearts.  If only I could take a moment to learn how to put pictures on the panes of my Journal I would post these quilts with so many other graphics I adore.  Someday I guess, but in this moment, my eyes are brimming over reading your words.  Thank you!  CATHY

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous collection of memories you have of Kim.  Thank you so much for sharing them with us all.   She was a very special human being.  I will always remember her with love, admiration and affection.
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful memory of such a caring, thoughtful person who was going through her own dilemma's. I did not have the honour of speaking to her, i only knew Kim through her journal, but she was a very strong,caring,giving,loving person who always seemed to think of others, she will be sadly missed here on earth.

God Bless Kim
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute to all JLand Angels.  I had the honor and priviledge of speaking with Kim on various occasions.  I've known her approximately 7 -8 years and I loved hearing about her family and how they were changing !  She was a beautiful soul.  

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this... she sounds like a wonderful woman. -Missy